Thursday, October 20, 2016

looking for the mushroom homelands

looking for the mushroom homelands
wondering where the birds have gone

James McCarthy photo

**********************************************
Anna Lin - age 7

Morning comes
the creatures awake
each day after the next
they begin to awake
bears and bobcats
lizards and toads
they all arise
Who knows what?


I saw a baby newt in a log
I saw a nut-finch and two tadpoles
The colors were beautiful.


Kylee and Abby and me were pretending
to be under attacked.
My mom and dad
were the monsters

*********************************

Burning leaves float
on murky water shadows.
I am grateful for
each moment of peace.

Clay


photo by James McCarthy


clouds and sun, what fun
hiking with a friend
along the river with many bends
thank you for fall colors
perfect weather for cultivating
deeper friendships as
new Mainers

Betty B and Nancy S

No comments:

Post a Comment